Consistent, steady release of oxybutynin
In randomized, crossover studies in healthy volunteers treated with
- Steady-state plasma concentrations of oxybutynin were achieved within 1 week after starting treatment[4*]
- Steady concentrations were maintained up to 96 hours with
- Absorption is continuous over the entire 96-hour application period
Adapted from Zobrist, 2003
- Similar absorption of oxybutynin was demonstrated at all indicated application sites[5‡]
- *Based on a randomized, open-label study in healthy volunteers ≥18 years of age
treated with transdermal oxybutynin 3.9 mg/day and extended-release oral oxybutynin
- †Based on a randomized, 3-way crossover, multiple-dose, steady-state trial in
healthy volunteers ≥18 years of age with three applications of transdermal oxybutynin.
Each treatment period was separated by 14 days to allow for drug washout.
- ‡3 different applications were used: abdomen, buttock, and hip.